Online Counseling • eCounseling | CT • MA • NY • TN • PA • UK
Video & Phone Counseling during the Covid19 crisis & beyond
What is Online Counseling?
Online counseling has many different names. Similarly, it can be called ecounseling, video counseling or telemental health. Online counseling lets you to log into a website that is HIPAA compliant and encrypted to have a face to face counseling session. Your session is with a licensed professional counselor.
Can I benefit from online counseling?
Online counseling is for adults who are coping with life’s challenges. For example, anxiety, college related issues, or decision making. Further, we help people with depression (mild), health anxiety, and life transitions. In addition, perfectionism, poor body image and self-esteem. Lastly, we help those with teacher-life stressors, work stressors and more.
- Providing Counseling for Connecticut Residents (accepting all insurances and private pay).
- Proving Counseling for Massachusetts Residents (some insurance accepted. Mostly private pay or out of network).
- Proving Counseling for New York Residents (some insurance accepted. Mostly private Pay or out of network).
- Providing Counseling to Pennsylvania Residents temporarily during the Covid19 Pandemic (some insurances accepted. Mostly private pay or out of network).
- Providing Counseling to American students attending college in the United Kingdom temporarily during the Pandemic (some insurance accepted. Mostly private pay or out of network).
Online Counseling, Telemental Health and eCounseling may be helpful for:
- Busy Professionals (those who travel within the state and those who do not).
- College Students.
- People Living in Rural or Remote Areas.
- People who cannot travel (disability, medical recovery, no transportation).
- Consulting with a therapist who has a specific speciality.
- Those who are concerned about being seen going to a counseling office.
- People who need our expertise and cannot find a therapist in their area.
Counseling sessions are with Lisa Taylor-Austin, NCC, LPC, LMHC, CFMHE, CFBA. First, Lisa is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Connecticut and a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in New York. Second, she is also a Board Certified National Certified Counselor. Further, Lisa is a Board Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator and Board Certified Forensic Behavioral Analyst. Lisa has been a counselor since 1988. She brings wisdom and experience to the counseling session. Lisa is certified in online counseling or telemental health by the Zur Institute.
Online counseling sessions are held on an encrypted platform such as Doxy.me, ClockTree, VSee, Zoom, etc. These are HIPAA compliant, encrypted and secure web platforms. These platforms can be used on a computer, smart phone, tablet or other device. All you need is a camera, microphone, and internet connection. Of importance, Skype, Messenger video and other social media and are not HIPAA complaint and will never be used in counseling sessions.
Can I use Online Counseling?
Online counseling can be a great fit for the right client. To use online counseling with us, we ask that you be:
- A resident of the state of Connecticut or New York (or one of the temporary locations above).
- 18 years of age or older.
- Have a valid driver’s license or photo ID.
- Access to a device, wifi, headphones, microphone.
- Internet experienced so that the technology will not cause frustration.
- Location to sit for counseling sessions that is quiet, private and secure.
Online Counseling is not for everyone. It is a treatment modality that is evaluated for each individual client. The client’s diagnosis, level of functioning, treatment goals and comfort level with using a video-based platform are all considered. Online Counseling services can be ended when a client needs face to face counseling sessions to better help them. In summary, if we find that online counseling is not the most helpful for you, we will refer you to therapists in your area. You may then contact them directly to make an appointment.
Payment and Insurance
Currently in-network with Connecticut insurance: Aetna, Anthem, Beacon, Cigna, Husky, Magellan, MHN, United/Optum (Connecticare, United Health Care) insurance. We also accept private pay/out of network. You may pay for your session directly using our HIPAA compliant credit card service. This ensures you the most confidentiality. You may also use a HSA card. Many private insurance companies are paying for online counseling or telemental health. We are contracted with all insurance companies in Connecticut. You may also give them a call. If you are a resident outside Connecticut we can give you a superbill to send into your insurance company for possible reimbursement. You may qualify for using your insurance if you have a national plan.
How do I start online counseling?
Email us or call us for more information. Once your paperwork is completed you will access our waiting room below.